Download brochure here: Building Organisational Influence – Influencing for Safety Professionals
Many organisational decisions, as well as manager and employee behaviour, impact on the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of personnel who work in our organisations. Much of the time organisational personnel are unaware of the Health, Safety or Wellbeing impact. It is the role of the Safety Professional to influence Managers and Employees so they:
- Are aware of the impact their decisions and behaviour has on people in our organisations
- Do consider Health, Safety and Wellbeing in their decisions
- Do change behaviour to achieve a positive impact on personnel within our organisations.
This challenging workshop is designed to;
- Expand your thinking of the extent of your “Circle of influence” to take a holistic view of safety in your organisation
- Develop your influencing competency
- Develop influencing strategies to use in response to key reasons why people behave the way they do. e.g. in change and conflict.
Key Learning Objectives
After this workshop, you should be able to:
- Describe the breadth of the opportunity for Safety Professionals to influence safety and business outcomes;
- Adapt your influencing approach in response to the situation to achieve desired safety outcomes;
- Build and maintain trusting relationships across the organisation to broaden your personal sphere of influence;
- Use a business focussed, evidenced base approach to increase influence.
and have developed an Action Plan focussed on a specific influencing issue you have.
Who Should Attend
All Workplace Safety Specialists who are accountable for influencing others across organisations to accept responsibility for workplace safety.
Broad Themes and Content
Who Safety Specialists Influence
- The scope of influence for Safety Specialists
- Safety maturity level and the opportunity for influence
- Interrelationship of organisational activity and safety
- What influence is and isn’t – Influence, Persuasion, Coercion and Manipulation
- Expanding your Circle of Influence
- Influencing Styles
Developing your Influencing Competency
- Your DiSC profile and Influence
- DiSC helps you to:
- Understand your workplace behaviour, communication and relationship preferences;
- What that means for your organisational influence strengths and weaknesses and development opportunities.
Key Organisational Development Principles
- Organisational Alignment
- Why people do what they do:
- Beliefs, Values and Safety Behaviour
- Why people sometimes resist change
- Influencing strategies for different stages of change
Influencing the Outcome of Conflict
- Introduction to the Thomas-Kilmann approach to conflict handling
- Using different conflict styles to influence outcomes.
Aligning Safety with the Business
- Aligning self with the Business
- Customer Focus
- Cost –Benefit and business
- Using evidence based arguments and having an enquiring mind
Building and Maintaining Trusting Relationships
- Importance of trust in influencing
- Building and maintaining trusting relationships — your personal “Trust Bank”
- How to rebuild lost trust
- Using the ABC approach to influence
- Changing communication to Adult to Adult interactions. (using Transactional Analysis to influence)
- Changing relationships from Drama Triangle to Influencing Cycle
Developing your Influencing Strategy
- Aligning you safety strategy with the organisation.
- Participants apply workshop learning to several safety related situations, including to a current work issue.
Planning for Return to Work
- Develop an Action Plan to resolve a work related influencing issue.
Post Workshop Follow-up
- Approximately 1 month after the workshop we will follow up with participants on their Action Plan progress and provide support where needed.
Post Workshop Follow-up
- Approximately 1 month after the workshop we follow up with participants on their Action Plan progress.
Workshop brochure can be downloaded here – Building Organisational Influence – Influencing for Safety Professionals
Click on the location below for further information and registration or email
|Sydney||2020 dates to be advised|
|Brisbane||2020 dates to be advised|
|Melbourne||2020 dates to be advised|