Safety Culture and Safety Leadership Workshops
To meet the specific developmental needs of personnel involved directly with safe operations, or where, for operational reasons, companies are not yet able to have an in-house approach, Safety Culture Development provides the following Public Programs. Note that the programs can also be modified to meet a client’s needs and be facilitated in-house.
Safety Leadership for Safety Officers and Safety Advisors – Influencing Skills
The common definition of culture is “the way we do things around here”. Worksite Safety Personnel are uniquely placed to influence worksite culture as they work across business units and provide advice to a range to personnel at all levels.
Sometimes it can be difficult when the perceptions held by supervisors and personnel generally is that your job is to ‘keep us safe” and ‘make sure we comply so we don’t have an accident” or “lose our self-insured status’. You know that safety can be much more than that and can assist the worksite be a better, more productive place.
This 2-day workshop for up to 20 participants is designed to:
- Complement the technical knowledge and skills of safety personnel by exploring the impact human factors have on safety behaviour.
- Provide participants with an insight into what they can do influence their personnel’s thinking about safety that enables them to have a positive impact on their business unit’s safety culture.
- Provide participants with additional strategies to influence personnel to achieve greater integration of safety into worksite culture and therefor behaviour.
This workshop can be also be run in house and modularised. It is inclusive of 1.5 hours Action Plan coaching approximately 1 month after workshop attendance
This workshop is aimed at the following personnel who have day to day site safety responsibility and includes:
- Safety Officers and Advisors
- Safety Advisors
- Workplace Safety Representatives
- Business unit or SME Health and Safety Managers
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Describe the role personal beliefs and values play in organisation behaviour and how to influence them
- Describe how to integrate the company vision and values into the business unit safety operations
- Describe the influence human factors such as complacency, perception and habits have on our ability and willingness to learn new ways of work and how to influence personnel at work
- Identify ways to improve the effectiveness worksite communication safety techniques consultation, safety conversations and pre start meetings
and will leave the workshop with an Action Plan to implement learning.
The workshop is interactive, with learning from both industry and participant experiences. Prior to the workshop, participants will be asked to provide information about their organisation, job role and key challenges. This information is used to focus the workshop content to participant background and needs.
1.5 hours of coaching (via telephone) is provided approximately one month after workshop attendance.
For more information
Contact Trevor Strother on +61400624595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on links below for workshop and registration details.
Safety Leadership for Safety Officers, Safety Advisors, Safety Consultants, Novar Gardens 8th and 9th November 2016
Safe Leadership for Safety Officers, Safety Advisors, Safety Consultants, Mawson Lakes 30 November – 1st December 2016